Saturday 17 September 2011

Gym Gear and Temple Fitness Gisborne

Helooo, whilst working out this morning I thought I could add in a little spiel about gym attire before I launch into my overviews of the gyms I have experienced so far.
I wear Asics shoes for both running and gym, I find their range extensive and broad enough to suit most even those like myself who are chronic overpronators. My fave shorts are fromt the Adidas range and they are pretty short to allow for a large range of motion, they also have a split up the side which means they don't ride up with leg movements like some of the Puma shorts I have tried. I prefer crop tops to long singlets or T-shirts just because I tend to go hard and sweat alot so a minimalist approach to clothing is taken!!! My crop tops range from Warehouse brand (functional but not the best obviously in terms of sweat rejection), Nike (which fits very snugly and looks great due to their colour range) and my favorite of all- Stella Mccartney for Adidas-the most comfortable crop top ever, its like your upper body is resting in a firm cloud :)
Anyway I thought I would start with Temple Fitness Gisborne where I obtained a gym membership over the last christmas/new year period. It was $30 for about a weeks membership along with a $10 bond for the after hours swipe. The hours were great! 4am-11pm every day which was perfect over a public holiday period to not have those irritating closures/reduced hours. The gym itself was fairly small, about 3 of each crosstrainers and treadmills and a few more bikes. The weights were functional but not excessive. Air con was mostly just large fans which mean the gym lent itself to becoming quite hot during those summer days, however the doors could be opened to allow for air flow. The staff were friendly and non-intrusive-my style of gyming is to go hard as the only person being cheated if you slack if you don't is yourself, so I don't really like too much interferance from trainers chatting when I'm on a roll. The only thing that made this a less than ideal experience was their 'T-shirt rule'- you had to wear one!!! I can see why this makes sense for hygiene purposes perhaps due to the long hours they are open, however this rule made some days there for me almost unbearable as the heat and my copious amounts of sweat rendered me failry faint at some points. Other than that this gym was functional, easily accessible with parking right outside and all around it, it never seemed to get too busy though this could have been due to the time of the year and it was very accomodating and simple to join up for a short period. I did not enquire about classes during my time there.
Next post: Anytime Fitness Hamilton and Bodyzone Tauranga before moving on to the Auckland gyms.

No comments:

Post a Comment