Tuesday 27 September 2011

Jetts Fitness

The great thing about Jetts is obviously the fact it is open 24 hours every day. It is also one of the cheapest gyms around at between $19-$22 per fortnight after an initial $124 joining fee.
I trialled at the Mt Eden Jetts which was nicely laid out, clean and clearly quite new. There were windows at each end which gave it a bright, airy feel.
One of my main interests was in their security systems for after hours. The trainer I spoke to answered my questions about this very thoroughly and I am happy to say I would feel safe going to this gym in non-staffed hours. They have cameras installed along with alarm systems and emergency phones and procedures along with on site security when required. Security can be called by members at any time along with the freedom to sound the alarm.  
In terms of equipment, I found the crosstrainer quite unsatisfying. The brand of cardio equipment used was one I havn't seen before 'Stex' and due to the after hours nature of the gym there were safety setting son the cross trainer which meant you couldn't go faster than 70 RPM. I found this most annoying. Another anomaly with this equipment seemed to be the level settings...with every one level increase in effort it felt like the equivalent of a 3-5 level increase relative to other equipment I have used. This made it difficult to track your progress along with making it hard to exercise at the level which you wanted to in an easy to control manner.
The trainers at this gym were friendly and unimposing.
The weights and cardio areas were sufficiently indicative of a small-medium sized gym and serviced the members adequately in non-peak times. I was told that before and after work times did get very busy and that there was a 20min limit on machines during periods when people were waiting to use them which is fairly standard.
With a Jetts membership you are entitled to use any of the Jetts gyms around the country and in Australia which makes them very practical for those who travel!
Overall a pleasant gym to visit.

Jetts Remuera is much the same.

Next post: Bodytech Mt Eden-get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment